Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday Teaser: Saffron Dreams



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) "teaser"; sentences from somewhere on that page (BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I stopped by a toy store, its shutters down, occupants fast asleep. As I pressed my nose against the window, I marveled at the simple joys of childhood. My breath came in short waves and misted the window, creating tiny smoky bubbles of all sizes and shapes.

-Saffron Dreams by Shaila Abdullah, p 1-2

4 comments:

  1. Pelican Point by Douglas Quinn

    There was still the body in the freezer to deal with. What to do with Mr. Dead Guy came to me on the way back to Nags Head. It was strictly an emotional decision, based more on the threats to Nan and Nehi than what had happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won this on a contest and i can't wait to read it!
    Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this book! Can't wait to read your review in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful quote. It showcases Shaila Abdullah's descriptive ability. I know you'll enjoy this book, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete