Saturday, July 11, 2009

Read-it-First: Last Known Address


The Last Known Address by Theresa Schwegel is the latest selection from the St. Martin's Read-it-First program. This story features Detective Sloane Pearson, recently transferred to the sex crimes unit. Her latest case is to find a serial rapist. Ms. Schwegel introduces us to several characters. Amongst them are the rapist, several cops and Pearson. We get a glimpse into the malevolence of the rapist as we witness an attack and see the contrast between the stereotypical behavior of the male cops and Pearson. Pearson is depicted as a smart, tough and someone who does not care for the bull**** that people spout. She is an interesting character that I could read about. Although the portion of the book that I have read (the first twenty five pages) was well written and easy to read, I don't think that I am up to reading another book about violence towards women at this point in time.

I will keep this book on my to read someday list.

Looking forward to next week's preview!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I appreciate your honest preview of this book.
    (P.S. Thanks for the Kreativ Award--I've finally posted about it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog - stop by when you have time... I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete