Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Teaser - The Woman in White



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) "teaser"; sentences from somewhere on that page (BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

No house was near; no one was passing whom I could consult; and no earthly right existed on my part to give me a power of control over her, even if I had known how to exercise it. I trace these lines, self-distrustfully, with the shadows of after-events darkening the very paper I write on; and still I say, what could I do?

-The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, p 26

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book - good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I have this on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete