Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Teaser - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) "teaser"; sentences from somewhere on that page (BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The strange story of the flowers had never been reported in the press; only a very few people knew of it. Thirty years ago the regular arrival of the flower was the object of much scrutiny - at the National Forensic Laboratory, among fingerprint experts, graphologists, criminal investigators, and one or two relatives and friends of the recipient. Now the actors in the drama were but three: the elderly birthday boy, the retired police detective, and the person who had posted the flower.

-The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, p 5

2 comments:

  1. Since I am working on Vk2, I had my own novel in front of me, so I'm going to use it, if that's okay! Tender Graces, by Kathryn Magendie! teehee!

    So, let's see, completely random here:

    "When I couldn't stand the hurt any longer, I fell away into sleep. In saw Grandma Faith crying, getting smaller and smaller."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have this book in the TBR pile, must get to it soon! Great teaser! Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete