Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday Teaser - East of the Sun



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) "teaser"; sentences from somewhere on that page (BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

At the beginning of November, all the children started to get excited because the full moon would soon be in Kartika, and that meant their biggest festival of all had come: the Festival of Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Lights. Held on the darkest night of the year, it marked the arrival of winter, the return of the Hindu divinities, Sita and Ram, a time for celebrating light over the forces of darkness.

-East of the Sun by Julia Gregson, p 432

3 comments:

  1. Is it shallow of me that when I hear about Diwali I think of that episode of "The Office"? Of course, if you don't watch that show, this comment will be meaningless to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I don't even want to get up from my nest with my laptop on my lap to got to my bedroom and grab my Mossy Creek collection I'm reading *laugh* -- geez, Kathryn...huhn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenners: I do watch "The Office" and I understand your comment. I work in a group that does a Diwali celebration every year.

    Kathryn: Everyone has those days - I really like them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete