Friday, June 12, 2009

Read-it-First: The Wedding Girl


Twenty one pages, that is all it took for me to form my opinion on the current St. Martin's Read-it-First selection, The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham (Shopaholic series author Sophie Kinsella's alter ego). Can I say anything more than it is a total chick-lit book? I probably should. This is a story about a young woman set to embark on her new life and marry the perfect man. Of course there is drama, you know, the best laid plans ... when she is confronted with her secret past shortly before the wedding.

The characters, that I have been introduced to, are not deep but they are pleasant. Although the book is not for me, I don't read a lot from this genre, I would recommend to those who enjoy Sophie Kinsella. A light read - perfect for the beach!

Looking forward to next week's preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment