Friday, May 1, 2009

Read-it-First: Everything Asian


It is the end of my first week participating in the St. Martin's Read-it-First program. This week's book was Everything Asian by Sung J. Woo. A coming of age novel about a twelve year old Korean boy who moves from Korea to America. Specifically, New Jersey.

I received a total of twenty pages through e-mail. There were no gitches. In fact, I joined mid-week and was provided with a link to read the days that I had missed.
Obviously, I did not read enough of the book to provide a review. But, did I read enough to entice me into buying the book? Eventhough, the writing is pleasant and the story seems like it is going to be a light read, the jury is going to have to say no. Since this is a debut novel, I would have liked to have read just a little bit more before making that decision. I will have to pick it up in the store, read a little and then make my decision.

All in all, I think that I will continue to enjoy the Read-it-First program and it will convince me, on occassion, to purchase a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment