Friday, May 15, 2009

Read-it-First: The Last Child


During my third week of participation in the St. Martin's Read-it-First program, we previewed The Last Child by John Hart. A thriller about a child's search for his missing twin sister and the terrible truths he discovers in a small North Carolina town.

This week I received and read approximately sixteen pages - slightly less than I've received for the past Read-it-First selections; however, it was enough. Obviously, the third time was a charm, I am hooked. At this point in the novel, we have only met Johnny, a thirteen year old boy. Mr. Hart has done such a wonderful job with character development that I feel as though I know Johnny. My heart breaks for him. Both the writing and the storyline kept me interested and on my toes. I found it to be an intriguing read and could not wait until the next day's installment.

This book has made it onto my to be purchased and read list.

Looking forward to next week's preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment